Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Radio

As I have mentioned before, I wasn't the person who normally listened to radio. I always preffered playing CD's instead. Few months ago I decided to give it a try. I decided that the best place to start will be home. So the following morning I tuned to Ukhozi FM. DJ Sbu was still there. I got to admit I enjoyed the breakfast show. It was full of humor and craziness. It sort of defined me.

I then started listening to 702. In that station I had two favorite hosts, Redi Direko and Tom London. Tom has since left the station. He hosted 'Talk at 9 with Tom London'. Tom was the kind of host that you can describe as 'Free-Spirited'. I was impressed by his knowledge of black culture and his willingness to learn. I miss his 'Millie-Pap' song (all the fans of Tom will know what I am talkin about)...
And then there is Redi Direko. I like her but I don't (not sure if I am making sense). She knows her story however she tends to personalise every discusion. I don't understand why we have to hear about her family or the boyfriend. The show is not about her. I believe some of the stuff she shares on air is unneccessary. To me, that's just an invitation for stalkers and the next thing she'd be complaining.

My other favorite radio show is 'The Menage a Trois' hosted by Mpho Maboi on Yfm. I started listening to it about two weeks ago. The music is out of this world. Every playlist is carefully selected. Mpho's energy gives the show that killer-sting. The downside to it is that the show is only two hours. I wish that could make it three hours.

Now gimme those shows and my day is guaranteed to be a great one.

No comments: