Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Idols V Farce

It has been confirmed that Idols voters are racist (well atleast it was confirmed by me) otherwise how does one explain the voting out of Thembi Nkosi from the competion. Thembi has more talented than Lendel, Graeme and Jason combined. It was a shock to see her leave. I was left nauseous.

I bet you my last cent that should Thembi have been white she'd be through to the next round. I know some would criticize me for pulling out the 'race' card but reality is that it is true. Indians didn't vote for Lendel because he was talented but because he was one of their kind. The same goes for white people...ofcourse they would argue that why then black people didn't vote for Thembi. Let's be realistic here, how many black people have DSTV? Where Thembi is from, Thembisa, they had to gather at the hall to be able to watch their hero and hope. If Idols were aired on SABC 1 we'd be talking a different story now, wouldn't we?
Idols have become a joke. I mean, how many Idols winners have made it big after they won the competition? Exactly!

I hope Thembi finds a recording contract so that she can show the world that winning Idols is not everything...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you. 100%
Plus Black people are still underprevilaged and dont have airtime to vote for their favourites. I have always been against people smsing or calling in to vote for anything.

Most SA Idols come from well off families because they do not mind spending the money on airtime.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LindZ said...

I have vowed never to watch another episode of SA Idols, yesterday confirmed to me just how racist this country is. But i think the judges should have been giving the final vote on who leaves or stays because these white south africans wouldn't know talent even if it hit them in the face and Thembi is one such example of great talent. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise how many people who have won idols are still around..... none ,look at Zamajobe and Aya they were voted out but went on to become successful musicians and have carved a bright future for themselves in the SA music industry. Whoever is going to win will be a fad for a few months will dissappear like the rest of them. Thembi will me making headlines she's a force to be reckoned with and she's going to shake this industry....