Friday, May 8, 2009

Another Idols V Farce

I was shocked the other day waking up to the news that Idols V finalist, Sasha-Lee might lose her crown as an Idol. The reasoning behind it, I quote The Times " SASHA-Lee Davids might lose her Idols crown because of a technical glitch". Tonight.co.za read "While post analysis of voting shows on M-Net always reveal a fair amount of late SMSes, the votes received on Sunday after the cut-off time of 6.05pm considerably exceeded the usual numbers. "It was far too many. It raised our eyebrows and management had to act. Why so many votes?" asked Erasmus.

Ok, I understand the technical problems, however I do not understand why Sasha-Lee might lose her crown. It's not her fault. Bottom-line, there were votes counted and those that were counted said that Shasha-Lee is a winner. Whatever happens after that is neither here nor there...unless of course there is a force behind who wants to sabotage miss Davids. I suspect there is. I don't wanna raise the race card but it's walking and sounding like a duck to me...

David Kau must have read my mind when he wrote on his Facebook status. This is what he said "Late votes on Idols mean exactly that - they're late. Competitions have closing date and time. When u enter a competion (sic) and send a postcard, when did it ever matter when did the post office collect the post cards from the post box".
It emerges that the cellphone companies are at fault, well then let the issue be dealt with them and leave Sasha-Lee alone. I could only imagine what's going on Shasha-Lee's head right now.

If results say that Jason is the winner, then I'll never ever watch Idols South Africa...

No comments: