Thursday, July 23, 2009

...AND THERE WAS TECHNOLOGY!

I believe technology is a good, as a matter of fact it is greatest thing to ever happen to humankind since sliced cheese. Technology makes things easier. It make our lives more enjoyable. We now have cellphones, internet, cars, radio, etc. Can you imagine life without cellphones? How easy it is to keep in touch with the loved ones.

However I have a serious problem when technology starts to interfere with the normal functioning of a human being. Let me give you an example, a wife and a husband send each other sms's and yet they are in the same house. What's that?!! Like really now!! I know this happens because I have done it myself. Technology has made us lazy asses!! A person has a need to drive, instead of walking, to a corner shop which is less than a 100 meters away.

Another thing that pisses me off about technology is that it takes away the good old heart to heart communication. You invite friends you haven't seen in a while for drinks and the next thing they spent half of the time glued to their cellphones, updating their statuses on Facebook, Twitter or on Mxit. I mean, WTF!! I'm still here stupid and please remind me next time not to invite your technology-addicted ass!

I once saw a girl who went ballistic just because her phone battery died while she was chatting. The way she reacted you'd swear someone took her puppy, cut its throat and drank the blood while she was watching. I couldn't understand the big deal. But I couldn't verbalize my thoughts as I feared the impacts of her lunacy.

I am grateful for technology however I don't see the need to find fullfilment in it then in human beings.

No comments: