Monday, October 5, 2009

So You Think You Are Funny


I've just watched the episode of second season of So You Think You Are Funny. Today's episode had six contestants, namely, Mpho, Justice, Celeste, Khaya, Anne and Melody. Melody and Khaya have since been sent home.

Season 2 has improved quite significantly in comparison to season 1. The comedians are much more stronger, smarter and funnier. I have been impressed by the talent of Mpho. My bet is that he's going to win this competition. He is very observational treading along surreal. He is closely followed by my home-girl Celeste. She has improved greatly over the past few weeks. She has moved from being a Zulu only comedian to mainstream.

Then there was Anne. I don't think she is as funny as judges make her out to be. Justice also needs to move away from the Zulu audience to mainstream. Khaya is the type of guy that when you look at you just laugh. He won't cut it though in the world of stand-up comedy. And Melody...I am yet to laugh at her jokes.

So four contestants are left.

No comments: